Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
Location : Troy
Job Type : Temp to Hire
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : High School Diploma or GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
We are currently seeking
2nd shift EXPERIENCED HAND ASSEMBLERS
for at a local manufacturing company in TROY
Position involves all aspects of the assembly processes including putting up inventory stock, parts pulling, assembling, repair/restock/warranty evaluations, testing and service, wash/prep/paint, packing, shipping /receiving and general clean up.
Excellent mechanical aptitude and experience is preferred, including a background in hand assembly.
- Pull parts, hand assembly of gear motors, reducers, and adjustable drives, putting up inventory stock.
- Use calipers, depth and paint mil gauge.
- Must visually inspect all work and rework as necessary.
- Must comply with all current ISO Quality and Work Instructions for job, all Company Safety rules, and all other Company rules, policies and procedures.
- Assess each situation and do not perform any tasks which s/he feels is unsafe, on which s/he has not received training, or engage in any unsafe work practices. Report any unsafe condition to his/her manager.
- Read and understand supporting documentation for the work area.
- Monitor the work area for cleanliness.
- Rotate to various jobs within Assembly Shop. Perform Cycle counts.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and driving record satisfactory to the company or otherwise be able to transport yourself to and from various locations, including customer facilities, to engage in diverse business activities.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE POSITION:
- 2nd shift
- Monday-Friday 2:00-10:30pm
- Weekly pay
- $748/week avg. (before taxes)
- Potential overtime
- Long term employment opportunity
Here's what their employees have to say:
Overall great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) - Troy, OH
Benefits are phenomenal, office politics are an issue. Great place to constantly learn new things in the transmission industry. Always updates with new products.
Overall great place
There are great benefits in the long run and the job itself can be rather satisfying. Management is fairly consistent and tend to be understanding of things if you're simply upfront with them.
Required Qualifications :
- Ability to perform all tasks listed above to the Company’s expectations.
- Must be currently eligible and authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing indefinite basis.
- Must be able to continuously meet the Company’s production requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with continuous interruptions.
- Must have good oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate with all Company employees in a businesslike and professional manner. Ability to appropriately handle stress and interact with others.
- Must have mechanical aptitude required to assemble gear drives and motors.
- Ability to use gauges and other measuring equipment to ensure quality work.
- Ability to add, sub-tract, multiply and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to perform physical activity associated with operation of equipment including bending, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and reaching in order to meet production needs.
- Must be able to stand and move continuously during working hours.
- Must be able to repetitively lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to develop improvement techniques.
- Ability to learn the companies products, including technical details.
- Must be able to safely move material to and from workstation using fork truck and/or overhead crane.
Skills :Assembly Electronic Assembly General Assembly