Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
Bumperline Press Operator
We are currently seeking
2ND SHIFT BUMPERLINE PRESS OPERATORS
for a local SIDNEY, OH manufacturing company
Responsible for the operation of the Automated/Robotic Press (Bumper) work cell. This includes die setting, safety, quality, productivity, and customer service internal and external.
· Coordinate multiple press operations.
· Control operation through complex automation systems.
· Produce daily job assignment using WMS.
· Responsible for all set up, including loading of coil, leveler adjustment, and die alignment for 90 to 1600 ton press.
· Operate tow motor for die changeover, pre-staging of product, etc.
· Be responsible for quality parts, dimensional plus visual.
· Ensure that job and set up is run according to Process Data Sheets (PDS) and/or Documentation Management System (DMS) procedures.
· Follow all of the safety procedures: Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Equipment Safety Analysis (ESA), and Area Safety Analysis (ASA).
· Ensure that job is run in environmental compliance after instructions from supervisor/environmental group.
· Communicate with shift supervisor, tooling engineers, quality engineers and other work cell people on opposite shift concerning production problems, quality and related information.
· Perform SPC in assigned areas.
· Monitor lube to prevent shearing of dies, part location, scrap build up and observe and report problem areas in dies to appropriate tooling personnel.
· Set dies in scheduled time frame to meet customer requirements.
· Organize tool and equipment to make die changes as efficient as possible and make sure next job is pre-staged with dies and material.
· Be capable of running your own operation, responsibility for all reporting (parts completion reports, downtime reports, etc.).
· Be able to align and secure top and bottom die sections, insure the proper operation of safety operating devices and improvise dies for special operations.
· Perform routine housekeeping in work area(s) as necessary.
· And other duties as assigned.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS POSITION:
- Monday-Thursday 10 hour shift (regular)
- Friday-Sunday 8 hour shift (overtime)
- !! LOTS OF OVERTIME !!
- UP TO $1482/week or UP TO $77,064/yearly (based on 40 hr work week including 24 hours of overtime and before taxes)
- Long term employment opportunity
WHAT THEIR EMPLOYEES HAVE TO SAY:
Good training easy to learn, always something new to learn if you want something else. The leads there are easy to get along with as well. A fairly easy place to work at.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
· High school level reading and writing skills
· Mechanical aptitude, above average dexterity
· Tow motor/lift truck license required.
· Blueprint reading helpful
· Basic math — percentages, decimals (thousandths), addition, subtraction
· Knowledge of press, dies, and set up operations
· Oral and written communication skills
· Be experienced in production environment in meeting schedules and rates and be able to change over dies in the standard time.
· Be able to lift 50 pounds on a non-repetitive basis
· Have the physical strength to slide dies across the bolster plates
· Exposure to lubes, oil and grease
· Weekly and weekend overtime required
· Accountability for quality/productivity and safety goals
· Requires standing, walking and/or moving about for periods of time in excess of one (1) hour
· Requires some sort of repetitive turning and/or lifting motion to be performed
· Perform position requirements while wearing eye, ear, foot and/or other protective devices as required