Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
We are currently seeking candidates for
for a local SIDNEY manufacturing company.
Responsible for assembling parts in precise locations, inspection for defects, performing machine setup, handling parts without damaging them, maintaining inventory control, maintaining inspection record & production reports, product identification and unpacking and packing to fill customer orders, etc.
· Assemble and pack finished goods as assigned by department supervisor or line leader using a variety of manual and automated equipment.
· Produce daily job assignment as assigned by departmental supervisor or line leader.
· Inspect product for defects.
· Troubleshoot and problem solve production and equipment issues.
· Communicate with other members of the line in troubleshooting of problems.
· Maintain and/or document quality and productivity records as required.
· Responsible for producing quality parts, primarily visual, and first inspection of product.
· Accountable for quality, productivity, and safety goals.
· Communicate problems, concerns and/or needs with internal and external customers.
· Communicate with supervisor, group leader, co-workers, engineers, and other departmental employees on opposite shifts, if appropriate, in regards to production, quality, problems, and/or other related information.
· Ensure that the job and setup are run according to procedures and comply with all safety procedures: Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Equipment Safety Analysis (ESA) and Area Safety Analysis (ASA).
· Ensure that the job is run in environmental compliance after instructions from supervisor/environmental group.
· Perform routine housekeeping in work area as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Basic reading skills.
· Knowledge of basic math.
· Understanding of basic technology of the area.
· Knowledge of quality control procedures and customer expectations.
· Able to work effectively with others.
· Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
· Be experienced in production environment in meeting schedules and rates.
· Attention to detail in inspection.
· Requires ability to lift 50 lbs. occasionally on a repetitive nature.
· Must work as part of a work team.
· Requires standing, walking and/or moving about for time periods in excess of two (2) hours.
· Requires some sort of repetitive turning, grasping, reaching and/or lifting motions to be performed
· Work daily and weekend overtime as required
· Perform position requirements while wearing eye, foot and/or other protective devices as required.