Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
3RD SHIFT DOWNSTREAM
SUMMARY: Responsible for the hands-on operation of all downstream and box maker equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operation of automated case packers, case erectors, conveyor systems, vacuum loaders, automated stretch wrappers, banders, blenders, trimmers, labelers, transition applicators and box makers to achieve optimal results.
2. Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of downstream and box maker equipment.
3. Has working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer specifications.
4. Performs quality assurance checks in accordance with customer specifications for labels, transitions, and packaging of finished product.
5. Assist production technician/mezz leader in documentation of production losses and/or corrugate losses.
6. Knowledge of the specific area’s reliability, quality, scrap and safety goals
7. Completion of mandatory reports
8. Adhere to all BOS and SAP standards and activities
9. Comply with all safety policies and procedures
10. Maintain housekeeping and GMP standards.
11. Attend all required training sessions and weekly team meetings
12. Communicate effectively and appropriately with Production, Quality, and Group Leaders.
13. Other jobs as assigned by supervisor.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS POSITION:
- 2-2-3 /12 HOUR SWING SHIFT
- SUNDAYS=DOUBLE TIME
- $19.50/hr Monday-Saturday
- $39/hr on SUNDAY OR $468 FOR THE DAY!
- Long term employment opportunity
- Excellent benefits upon hire--INCLUDING: 401(k) and profit-sharing plan with company match AND...... PET INSURANCE!
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Previous mechanical experience/mechanically inclined
2. Ability to perform basic maintenance and repairs on equipment
3. Basic computer skills
4. Ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand throughout entire shift.
5. Ability to work in fast paced environment.
6. Manual dexterity.
7. Good eye and hand coordination.
8. Effective communication skills.
Associates receive a 30 minute unpaid lunch for 8 hr shifts and a 40 minute unpaid lunch for 12 hour shifts. Associates are required to clock out/in for all lunch breaks. Overtime is paid for hours worked over 40 per week. Double time is paid for hours worked on Sunday. At times, overtime is mandatory and may include a 7 day a week schedule