Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
We are seeking an
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Discusses project with Project Manager to review scope of supply and functional specifications of equipment.
- Diagrams logic system for functions such as sequence and timing control using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Designs arrangements of linkage of conductors, relays, PLC’s, flow valves and other components of electrical, electronic, and hydraulic devices using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Designs interface system, including pushbuttons, switches, and Human-Machine-Interface (HMI) displays using computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Develops Bill of Materials for scope of supply required on the project.
- Confers with Assembly Team Electrical Assemblers and Wirers to resolve problems regarding building of control systems.
- Reviews schematics and control configurations with customer’s representatives to answer questions.
- Observes operation during trial run of programmed machine and equipment operation to verify that electrical signals in system conform to specifications.
- Designs controls for optimizing operator interface with existing plant control systems.
- Resolves (debugs) control issues such as hydraulic/electrical interface faults/errors.
- Follows all ISO 9001 Quality Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (B.S.E.E.) from four-year college or university and a minimum of five years of related experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, ladder logic, electrical and hydraulic schematics, and PLC programming instructions. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to speak and understand the English language fluently. Ability to write proposals and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to assemblers, customers, and management.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Willingness to travel to customer locations, generally 10-15% of the time, but rarely would exceed 30% of the time. Knowledgeable in computer assisted engineering and design software and PLC’s.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.