Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
Location : Covington
Job Type : Temp to Hire
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : High School Diploma preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
We are actively recruiting an
ENTRY LEVEL MACHINE OPERATOR
to join a locally owned manufacturing company in their extrusion department..
The successful associate will capable of learning to operator an extrusion machine to manufacture blown film.
This includes machine set up and operation, performing quality checks, and packaging finished product.
- Follow work instructions to set up extrusion line
- Gather items such as new cores, packaging materials, skids, etc. for daily production operation
- Unload finish rolls from machine using proper lifting equipment
- Weigh, record quality & production data and load onto skid
- Package finished rolls per customer specifications
- Maintain accurate production and quality control records.
- Build & complete skid by banding, labeling and moving finished skids to shipping area
- Prep machine for next roll by setting up new cores for film transfer
- Complete timely quality control checks
- Assist in equipment or line adjustments
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Alert supervisor of any problems on the line
- Other tasks as assigned
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS POSITION:
- 2-2-3 Swing shift, DAYS
- Day shift is 5:45am to 6:00pm
- Weekly pay
- $16.30 hourly pay
- Long term employment opportunity
- Excellent benefits upon hire
Required Qualifications :
REQUIREMENTS and SKILLS:
- You must be a team players
- You must also be detail-oriented in your work
- Strong reading comprehension and basic math skills
- Ability to consistently lift/manipulate over 50 pounds
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Respectful and considerate of others
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma preferred
These are 12-hour rotating shifts on the 2-2-3 schedule.
Day shift is 5:45am to 6:00pm