Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
Lead Estimator/Project Manager
We are currently seeking a
LEAD ESTIMATOR for the BUSINESS DEVELOPMNENT DEPT
at a local SIDNEY, OH manufacturing company.
This is a FULL TIME Exempt position to develop and enhance market share and sales with existing and potential new customers, in accordance to Company Strategies, Policies and Procedures.
- As a member of our team, you will need to be flexible within our dynamic environment. We support each other to ensure the success of the team.
- Your skills and knowledge will be beneficial to the causes of the team and the business. As such, you will wear many different hats and be able to adapt to many different situations.
- We will rely upon you to help us build a strong foundation for the future of the business. Your ability to see improvement opportunities and recommended strategies to streamline them and make them more efficient is required.
- As a small business in a very competitive market segment, we must be very good at what we do. Your ability to aid us in further developing and refining our processes and systems will be a key component to our success.
- Our customers are the core of our business; without them, we don’t exist. It is our job to ensure that the service and products we supply exceeds their expectations. Your ability to help us identify opportunities and put them on our customer’s radar, will aid in the growth of sustainability of the business.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with all current customers to determine and understand customer RFQ content, to formulate a comprehensive documented SOW to provide a customer quotation, that fit our Manufacturing Capabilities.
- Interact with Valence Sales Representatives (if any) on any new potential or existing customers; to understand customer RFQ content, to formulate a comprehensive documented SOW to provide a customer quotation.
- Travel on site to customer facilities to gather information, develop ideas and be a representative of the company as needed.
- Assist customers, as needed, to develop specifications; recommend processing strategies and material selections for their projects.
- Breakdown Customer RFQ Prints to establish BOM’s and Processes needed (including In House Processes and any OS Processing) to confirm / establish SOW for Project.
- Converse and receive direction from GM and Operations Team, in order to provide technical information required to provide a quote on potential jobs.
- Interpret Bills of Materials to determine job material requirements.
- Create and Verify BOM’s for potential and existing jobs as needed.
- Secure Material and OS Processing quotes, including lead times from Suppliers as needed.
- Evaluate and determine best economical purchases from suppliers.
- Identify and verify any in house materials that can be used for job material requirements
- Using our Excel Costing Model (optional); determine processing, material and any applicable transportation costs, based on the project SOW.
- Generate Customer Project quote in our E2 software and submit them to the Customer or Valence Sales Rep (if any), for their review and acceptance.
- Perform follow ups on Customer quotes with Customer or Sales Rep as needed.
- Upon receipt of Customer Purchase Orders; Verify and Set up prints, verify job estimates and orders orders to AGM to be setup in E2 Job Boss.
- Order and Schedule Materials as needed.
- Communicate and collaborate with Design and Operations to ensure that the customers expectation for the project are realized and effectively carried out.
- Communicate the impact of any Engineering Changes that the project incurs, its costs and its schedule.
- May be a liaison for any non-conformances incurred for the project either during processing or after delivery to ensure they are properly documented, communicated and resolved quickly.
- Keep the customer informed of any developments that might impact their project schedules, materials availability and costs.
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Make Customer deliveries or Supplier pick-ups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Annual salary up to $65,000 based on experience
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 4 year degree in an applicable discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years Project Management experience.
- 3D software experience is a plus. Auto-Desk Inventor is a big plus.
- Proficient in MS Office. Must be able to efficiently navigate and develop Excel spreadsheets.
- Creative and detail oriented with excellent scheduling, planning and organizational skills.
- Proven 5+ years customer relations experience required.
- Proven 5+ years manufacturing experience in fabrication, welding and/or machining.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and climb stairs.
- Employee must occasionally lift or move up to fifty (50) pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- The ability to communicate information and ideas verbally so others can understand
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Ability to use Tape Measures, Calipers, Micrometers, Height Gages and any other measuring equipment and tools.
- Ability to read standard and metric prints; as well as Weld Symbols.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communicational skills are required.
- Must be competent in performing basic math.
- Must have a valid Drivers License