Uncover the job of your dreams by browsing our open opportunities.
Location : Versailles
Job Type : Temp to Hire
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : High School Diploma or GED
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Manufacturing
Job Category : Manufacturing and Production
Job Description :
Local manufacturing company has an opportunity for a
2nd SHIFT QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
at their Versailles, OH facility
As a Quality Assurance Tech I, you will:
- Calibrate equipment.
- Communicate with USDA concerning SOPs, SSOPs, and HACCP.
- Accurately prepare and process daily paperwork.
- Perform visual line and finished product inspections to ensure conformance to specifications and stamp acceptable product according to specifications.
- Hold and/or release product, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Read and understand specifications and complete written documentation.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of product issues or stop production line if serious product defects are present.
- Perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties of food or product.
- Audit, record, compile, prepare, conduct, maintain, interpret, sample, monitor, control, compute, formulate, inspect, analyze, test, or measure product to verify conformance to specifications.
NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
HIGHLIGHTS OF POSITION:
- 2nd Shift
- Weekly pay
- $680/weekly avg. pay (Before taxes)
- Long term employment opportunity
Here's what their employees have to say:
You can move up quick. Second shift has started so leaving earlier
Machine Operator (Current Employee) - Versailles, OH
The work is fast paced. We work late but the hours aren't as bad as they used to be. Supervisors leave you alone if you work. Making more money now. We do work just about every Saturday. I run a machine and that is better than packing every day.
Good place to work
Process Worker (Current Employee) - Versailles, OH
This company is a good company to work for the hours are not bad and all the ladies in the hr department are very friendly and very understanding and work with you as best they can when you have unpredictable problems so you can still be able to work . The employees are friendly and nice and the supervisors are understanding and nice as well. This is the first job i have had when i actually get up every day and am glad to go to.
Required Qualifications :
Basic Qualifications: -
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work temperatures warm, hot, humid, cold, wet or with slippery surfaces at varied heights in and around moving equipment and parts.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with daily overtime. Must be able to work overtime as required. Start times and hours vary based on production needs.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. - Must be CCP certified (Critical Control Point).
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (speak, read, and write).
- Must be able to perform basic math functions.
- Must be able to successfully complete training: - Safety - Safe Quality Food (SQF) - Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) - Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) - Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) - Food defense - Allergen
- Prior quality assurance experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork, or poultry facility.
- Prior production experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Biology, and/or experience in Microbiology, Basic Chemistry, Sanitation and HACCP.
- Work history in the last 12 months.